Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

This year I was suppose to work on Christmas Eve and Chirstmas Day. I got lucky though. I worked half a shift on Christmas Eve (1-7:30 pm). I was so sad because I love Christmas and it just wasn't the same not being with family. But Ben and I had a good night. We decorated a Gingerbread house, ate a nice dinner, opened our new Pajamas, and exchanged our gifts. Ben got a X-box, and I got a sewing machine. We stayed up until 1:30 playing Indiana Jones Lego game on the X-box (because I accidently got playstation games instead of X-box, and the indiana Jones game came with it.) Then I decided since I had to get up in four hours it would probably be a good thing to go to bed. At five o clock, I got a call from the Charge Nurse saying they didn't need me to work, and that I was being cancelled. I was so happy! Neither of us could go back to sleep, so Ben suggested we leave for Monroe right then. We threw some clothes together and headed out. The roads were good for about 10 miles, then THE storm hit. The roads were crap, the sky completely white, No snow plows, people off the road all over, But our little saturn made it at a whopping 25 miles an hour. We were there in time for breakfast! Later that afternoon, we had dinner at Ben's mom's house. It was the first time in a while that all of the kids were together so it was nice. Then later that night we had dinner at my parent's house.

Our Gingerbread House ( Notice the smoke coming out of the chimney )
Here is Ben with all of his brothers

While we were visiting some of our friends in Richfield, Russ said "I guess you know you've made it when you own Guitar hero." I've been thinking a lot about that. I have been very ungrateful for all that I have been given. Ben and I have been Blessed with so much. Some people will never have the chance to even play guitar hero, let alone own their own x-box. SO, One of my New Year's resolutions this year, is to be more grateful and to realize just how much I have been blessed with.
This is what Christmas Is really about.

3 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Congrats on two years, and I'm so glad that you could spend Christmas with your family! Hope you have a happy new year!

CHAR said...

Yea!! I am glad that you got cancelled on Christmas. I was cancelled on Christmas night and it was one of my favorite Christmas gifts!

AMY said...

Good reminder, Merr! Glad you had a great Christmas! Sounds like Primary's is the PLACE to work!