Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My New Project


This is my T-shirt quilt I'm working on. I'm really excited that Ben gave me a sewing machine for Christmas! I haven't used it yet, but I have big plans for it. I've been wanting to make a blanket like this for a long time. These are most of the shirts that mean something to us. We just didn't want to get rid of them, so we figured "why not put them in a blanket?" Hopefully it will turn out well I don't know much about sewing yet, but I can't wait to learn. Ben was pretty Bummed that I chopped up his hulkamania shirt, but I convinced him he was too old for it, and that the yellow would add a lot to the quilt.

7 comments:

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

That looks awesome. What a great idea. I can't wait to see the final product. Have fun sewing!

J n J Foster said...

Thats so awesome. I've always had intentions of making one of those but 1. have no idea where to even start and 2. dont have a sewing machine! Good luck that is so awesome!

Barlow Fam said...

I'm glad that you are doing that, because I was going to do that too, so once you figure it out then you can help me, I can't wait to see the finishing touches!

CHAR said...

I want to make one of these quilts SOOO bad. Maybe you can teach me how to sew. OR... maybe you can just make it for me. Ha ha!!

the Miles Family said...

It looks really cute Merr! I can't wait to see it. Love, Mom

Cherish Cowley said...

I am sure it will be so cute. Your family is the most talented and crafty one I know. Everything that you guys try turns out cute. I can't wait to see the finished project!

Jeannie said...

I wnat to do the same thing let me know how it turns out I have all the church history shirts and a ton from FFA. I even took a class on how to make them and havent sone it yet I am ready to pay some one to do it!