Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2 Year Anniversary!!!

Just a QUICK intervention here from Merr's Dumbo Husband! I don't think "our son" (I'm naming him Sub-Zero) looks too bad! I think he is a combination of my little brother Blake and my Uncle Mark who lives in Canberra. I'm sure our kids will look just like the rest of the Miles Grandchildren though (to Merr's delight) :)
I hate to admit it, but once we had arrived home in Midvale I was happy to be there! It's such a long drive and it was hard to stay awake because Merr was cold and needed the heater on in the passenger seat, meanwhile the heater to me translated into little voices saying "Ben, you are in Hawaii lying down with a Strawberry Dacari (Virgin) and the sun is soo soothing it's making you sleepy!". Thank goodness we got home aye? I felt bad I couldn't buy you anything nice for our anniversary Merr but when I'm making million as a teacher (uhh) you'll get nicer things than free entertainment on the strip on the only snow storm of the year in Las Vegas and maybe we can afford to go to a show when they give you cutlery, what do ya reckon? I love you!
On the 16th, we had our two year anniversary. We decided to take a small vacation and catch some sun down in Sunny Las Vegas. Only it wasn't so sunny. We were actually there for a snow storm! Its just as cold down there as it is in Salt Lake City. Burrrr!!! We had a good time. I gambled for the first time, since I wasn't old enough last time we were there, lost three dollars (I don't know how people get addicted, they must win.) saw snow in Las Vegas, watch the Belagio water show, ate at the Tournament of Kings (I perfer to use utensils, not my hands) tried 16 flavors of the world (non-alcoholic) spent more money on a lunch than three whole meals put together (it was free thanks to the 3 hour long time share convention we went to.) Found out just how much money a Las Vegas Buffet cost (much to my horror) Ate M&M's infront of the Volcano at the Mirage, Saw how red lost his M in Las Vegas, did the gene machine and saw what our boys will look like (though Hopefully not) and realized how grateful we were to come back home to Utah. Its fun to leave, but always better to come back home.

Ben, Thanks for the last two years. Though not always easy, it was worth it. I'm looking forward to many more to come. You've been a great support to me, especially the last 6 months. You're my best friend and I can't imagine life without you. I Love You!!!



This is what our future son might look like according to the Gene Machine. Sorry it's blurry, I haven't hooked up my new printer/scanner yet, so it's a picture of a picture.

5 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Congratulations, that is so great! Vegas is fun, but I know what you mean, coming home is better!! You guys look great! Keep in touch!

J n J Foster said...

Congrats on 2 years! Your dress was absolutely gorgeous. I love it! And you will make such cute Auzzie ball players...ps is this an announcement?! JK Congrats

Matea_Bradshaw said...

Your child is much better looking that what ours were supposed to look like. We did that too the first time we went down and it was NOT an attractive kid.

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

I loved this blog and the fact that you both contributed to it. I'm glad you had so much fun in Vegas. You guys deserved the break! I have to say, I think your kids will be lots cuter than this one in the pic. He does have cute hair though! LOL. Hopefully we will run into you guys over Christmas. Love to you both!

Ruachel said...

Merridee! It was so good to hear from you. I glanced through your blog and it seems like life is going well for you. Alex and I also did the time share thing for a free trip, which we haven't taken yet. We are going to Anaheim, CA. Thanks for the baby congrats! We are SO excited to be parents. Any day now...